Sunday, March 26, 2006

A Final Note from Dee Neel

The following is a note Dee prepared a couple days before her passing which she wished to have read at her funeral.

Sometimes things don’t go the way we plan. I fully expected to be here playing with my team during the USTA season and attending my son’s wedding.

God apparently had a different plan for me.

But God’s plan is always better. He did not cause the cancer that attacked my body. He did not make it get worse.

He was always there as I fought the disease. He answered prayers repeatedly. For over 12 years He answered prayers and kept me alive. For all of you who prayed for me, please know that God did and does answer prayers.

I wish the outcome had been different, but God is in control. Never cease praying.

I have faith in Him and someday I will be waiting in Heaven for you. I love you and and appreciate all you did for me.

Jim, you’re the world’s greatest husband. Jody and David – I love you – remember me as a good Mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home